The goals of the Olympiad:
- – development of critical thinking;
- identification and development of creative abilities of students;
- creation of conditions for self-realization and self-approval, exchange of work experience, and establishment of creative contacts between students;
- – intensification of educational and research activities of school students.
The working languages of the Olympiad are Kazakh, Russian, and English.
Narxoz University aims to motivate the Contest participants:
– to develop critical and creative thinking;
– to identify and develop the participants’ leadership potential;
– to work in a team;
– to share knowledge with other participants with similar interests and fields of study;
– to create the necessary conditions for the promotion of knowledge in the field of business.
The competition is held in two stages.
Stage 1 – subject testing:
– the English language test, consisting of 50 (fifty) questions. The time for testing is 60 (sixty) minutes. The total amount of 50 points, points are assigned depending on the complexity of the question. If the participant provides a valid IELTS certificate with a total score of at least 5.0, the English language test is automatically credited to the participant and 50 points are awarded.
– Mathematics test, consisting of 30 (thirty) questions. The time for testing is 40 (forty) minutes. The total amount of 50 points, points are assigned depending on the complexity of the question.
Passing test score: all participants who scored at least 50 (fifty) points on the results of the first stage pass to the second stage.
Stage 2 – solution of the business case and its presentation in English:
– solving a business case in a team of 3-5 participants, the business case is developed by an academic partner of CIMA, for 180 (one hundred and eighty) minutes in an online format using the Zoom platform in a separate team session room;
– public presentation of the case solution by the team in an online format using the Zoom platform to the members of the Expert Commission for 5-10 (five to ten) minutes.
Evaluation criteria for stage 2:
- clarity of argumentation of answers to case questions
- decision-making skills
- ability to work in a team
- leadership qualities of participants
The maximum number of points that can be scored at the stages of the Competition is:
Stage 1-test – 100 (one hundred) points.
Stage 2 – solving the case and its presentation – 55 (fifty-five) points.